一般警察/警察特考考古題 102年 英文
1. The college graduate _____ against his parents and refuses to do the job as they wish.
2. This best-selling bag is made of _____ leather, not artificial.
3. Puppy Guesthouse provides reliable sitting service and friendly _____ for your pets when you sail away on holidays.
4. The school _____ were criticized for not responding promptly and properly to the issues of bullying.
5. A:Do you come to concerts like this very often? B:No. _____ I have a lot of other interests that keep me pretty busy.A:Really? What kinds of things are you interested in?
(A)This is what I do every day.
(B)This is only my second time.
(C)This is a terrific concert.
(D)This is too expensive.
6. Sam: You know, I’m not going to John’s party. May: _____ Me either.
(B)Sure! Why not?
(C)Are you going or not?
7. Linda:Why don’t you quit smoking? Don’t you know it’s bad to your health? Jason: Of course I do. Believe me, I’ve tried. Linda: _____
(A)Seeing is believing.
(B)Glad to know you’ve quit it.
(C)How often will you do that?
(D)Maybe you just need to try harder.
8. To improve the judicial system, the moral _____ of the judges is a prerequisite for consideration.
9. You should make good use of this _____ to broaden your experience. Chances like this are rare.
10. The evaluation was done _____; the evaluators were not requested to reveal their names when they filled out the questionnaire.
11. The authorities have confirmed the criminal’s whereabouts from _____ information sources and are determined to hunt him down.
12. A policeman was questioning two women who held the _____ to the murder mystery of the famous star.
13. Amy lost her legs in a car accident. Now she has to depend on her _____ legs to move around.
14. Much to my surprise, Jack was energetic though he didn’t sleep a wink for two _____ days.
15. Being a _____ means having no private life at all; the media will follow you all the time. That is the price of fame.
16. _____ the author passed away twenty years ago, his stories live on.
17. Nick tried to _____ his father to buy him a smartphone, but in vain.
18. According to the poll, anti-war _____ was gaining ground because people were frightened by the incoming battles and possible loss of human lives.
19. A series of movies will be shown to _____ the 30th anniversary of the hero’s death.
20. The national health guideline suggests that each adult should take at least 30 minutes of physical exercise of _____ intensity, three times per week.
21. In summer, many women stay under umbrellas or wear hats with wide brims in order to avoid _____ to UV rays.
22. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. But eating only an apple a day for three months _____ takes you to the doctor.
23. Mr. Morgan strongly _____ of his daughter’s marriage to a divorced man and refused to attend their wedding.